Chocolate and almond cake
Skip to main content
> 30 min
The secret to our chocoloate & almond cake is in the egg whites - fold them in gently, keeping in as much air as possible, for a light, delicate texture.
INGREDIENTS AND EQUIPMENT
For approx. 15 slices
- 200g dark chocolate Cailler Cuisine (64%), crumbled
- 200 g butter, softened
- 200g cane sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 120g flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 75g ground almonds
- 6 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1/2 lemon zest
- a cake tin of approx. 28cm, greased and lined with ground almonds
- 2 bowls
- a spatula
- a sauce pan
- a whisk
> 30 min
- 1Cream butter, sugar, salt and egg yolk with the hand mixer until the mixture becomes lighter.
- 2Melt chocolate (see tip 1) and add to the mixture.
- 3Mix flour, baking powder and almonds, fold into the mixture.
- 4Fold stiffly beaten egg whites into the dough (see tip 2), pour mixture into the prepared cake form.
- 5Bake approx. 45 minutes in the middle of the oven preheated to 200°C.
1. Melt the chocolate in a thin-walled bowl over a slightly boiling water bath, stir until smooth
2. Put 1/4 of the sugar aside and beat with the egg whites until stiff, so that the egg whites become firmer.