Skip to main content
15 - 30 min
Here’s the simplest and fastest roulade recipe. It’s my mother’s recipe, and so easy that I know it by heart! With raspberries, cream, and Cailler Cocoa Drops Dark & Milk 61%, this delicious dessert is sure to make a great impression. It's perfect for a birthday, Mother's Day, or an afternoon coffee. So, have no fear and get started!
INGREDIENTS & EQUIPMENTS
- 4 eggs, separated
- 100g of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100g of flour
- 50g Cailler Dark & Milk 61%
- 250g raspberries
- 5dl of single (liquid) cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 80g of Cailler Cocoa Drops Dark & Milk 61%
- a bowl
- a whisk
- a wooden spatula
- baking paper
- a pan
15 - 30 min
- 1Roulade sponge: Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form firm peaks. Add the sugar.
- 2Continue beating until the egg whites are shiny.
- 3Melt the chocolate.
- 4Then, using a wooden spatula, gently fold the melted chocolate, egg yolks and flour into the egg whites.
- 5Spread the mixture about 1cm thick, creating a rectangular shape, onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- 6Cooking time: In a preheated oven (180C), bake for about 10 minutes on the middle rack. Remove from the oven.
- 7Flip the baked sponge over onto a fresh baking sheet. Gently peel off the first sheet, then carefully roll up the baked sponge. Cover with a cloth and let cool.
- 8Filling: Set about 50g of raspberries and 3 tbsp of cream aside separately. Whip the remaining cream until it is nice and firm, then add the icing sugar.
- 9Mix about half of the Cailler Cocoa Drops Dark & Milk 61% with the rest of the raspberries into the whipped cream.
- 10Spread the raspberry cream over the baked sponge, making sure to leave about a 2cm border free around the edges.
- 11Then, roll the dough over tightly on itself, starting at the short side of the rectangle.
- 12Spread the remaining cream, raspberries and Cailler Cocoa Drops Dark & Milk 61% on top of the roulade, then refrigerate for about 30 min. before serving.
- One can also use frozen raspberries - Use blueberries instead of raspberries