> 30 min
These unicorn macarons are sure to be a hit at your next party. Experiment with colours for an added dash of fun!
> 30 min
- 1Heat sugar and water in a saucepan to 118°C. At the same time, beat the first portion of egg whites until stiff. Once the syrup has reached 118°C, slowly pour it into the egg whites and continue to blend until the temperature reaches about 50°C.
- 2Mix the icing sugar and the almond flour. Pour the second portion of liquid egg whites (with the food colouring) into a large enough bowl, add the sieved sugar-almond mixture and stir well.
- 3Blend half of this meringue mixture at 50°C with the mixture in the large bowl using a spatula. Mix thoroughly from the middle to the edge while turning the bowl.
- 4Add the second half of the meringue and mix thoroughly until the mixture becomes glossy.
- 5Pipe rounds with a diameter of about 3.5 cm using a 10 mm tip onto a lined baking sheet. Tap the entire baking sheet on the table and leave to stand minimum 4 hours.
- 6Add with the 6mm tip the ears and corn.
- 7Preheat the oven at 145°C.
- 8Bake the macaroons for about 13 to 15 minutes, depending on the type of oven.
- 9After 10 minutes, quickly open the door of the oven several times to let steam out and then continue baking.
- 10Remove the baking sheet from the oven and gently slide the paper with the macaroons onto a table to halt the baking process immediately. Leave the macaroons to cool, decorate and fill them.
- 11For the ganache: Chop up the chocolate and place the pieces in a bowl. Bring the cream to the boil and pour it into the chocolate. Mix thoroughly and leave the mixture to cool down. Add the soft butter and mix again. Use the ganache before it has complete
- Put the almonds in the oven at 80°C to dry well for 30 min.
- Put the food colouring into the mass for the "corn".