Dark Mississippi cake
Set-up and preparation: approx. 1 hour
Oven cooking time: approx. 45 mins
- Freeze the bars for approx. 45 minutes.
- To make the éclair pastry, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, butter and kirsch, mix thoroughly. Put 2/3 of the pastry into the prepared bread tin.
- Place 2 chocolate bars over the pastry, and cover with the remaining pastry. Put the rest of the bars on top, press lightly into the pastry.
- Cook for approx. 45 mins in the lower part of an oven preheated to 180 °C. Remove the cake, leave to cool a little, remove from the tin, then transfer to a rack to finish cooling.
Can be kept for approx. 3 days in the refrigerator, wrapped in cling film.