Soft caramel cookies
Tempting dessert inspirations from Cailler: Soft caramel cookies
- Preheat the oven to 200o C (or 180 o C in a fan oven)
- Peel and dice the apple.
- Separate the egg white from the yolk and beat until stiff.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bain-marie.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolk, the melted butter and chocolate, the flour and the diced apple.
- Carefully fold in the beaten egg white.
- Divide into small portions and place on a greaseproofed baking tray.
- Cut the toffees into squares and add to each portion of the mixture.
- Cook for 8-10 mins. The biscuits should still be soft when they come out of the oven.