- Beat the softened butter, egg yolks, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add the melted chocolate.
- Then add the ground almonds, flour and baking powder.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks and carefully fold them into the mixture.
- Pour ¾ of the mixture into a tin (Ø 26 cm) with a hole in the centre.
- Cook for 45 mins in an oven at 180 °C.
- Cook rest of the mixture for the cake's lid in a round tin (Ø 20 cm) for approx. 10 mins at 180 °C (check that it's cooked).
- Fill the first cake's hole with Smarties and cover them with the cake lid to hide them.
Hint: Cover the cake in icing and decorate with plenty of colourful Smarties!