Crème caramel with chocolate
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
Preparing the crème
- Preheat the oven to between 120 °C and 130° C.
- Bring the milk to the boil and incorporate the chocolate, chopped into small pieces. Melt over a low heat, stirring with a spatula. # ATTENTION: The mixture must not boil.
- Place the eggs in a bowl with the sugar. Beat vigorously with a whisk and add the chocolate milk, stirring the whole time.
- Strain this mixture through a muslin strainer. Put to one side.
Preparing the caramel
- Place the sugar in a saucepan and cook the caramel over a low heat until it turns golden.
- Shake the saucepan regularly and then pour the caramel into the ramekins.
- Use a ladle to fill t he ramekins with the chocolate crème.
- Place the ramekins in a dish filled three-quarters full with hot water and bake this bain-marie for 25 mins at 140 °C.
- When they come out of the oven, leave to cool to room temperature.
- Using a sharp knife, remove from the moulds by running the blade around the edge of the ramekins and then turning out onto a plate.
A gourmet tip:Prepare these crème caramels the night before: they will be even tastier as the flavours and aromas of the chocolate and caramel will have had time to develop. Remove the crème caramels from the fridge at the beginning of the meal. Turn them out onto a plate before serving.