Stracciatella-style Chocolate Cake
- Difficulty: moderate
- 00:3015-30 minutes
- Type of chocolate:
Set-up and preparation: 20 mins
cooking time: 15 – 20 mins
Equipment: Cake tin approx. 20 cm in diameter
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (or 180°C in a fan oven).
- Break 50 g of chocolate into small pieces and melt 150 g of chocolate in a bain-marie.
- Heat the butter in the microwave until melted.
- Mix the melted butter, eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder and vanilla sugar in a bowl. Separate the pastry into two parts.
- Mix the melted chocolate with one half of the pastry. Mix the other half with the chocolate pieces.
- Spread the two pastry types in alternate layers in a buttered tin.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.